I love a couple who thinks out of the box! Can you imagine how happy I was when this gorgeous couple suggested that we take photos in a factory? YES please!! This is how you create something unique.
A little rain didn’t stop us from having fun.
More photos on FB, stop by and say hi
Salvage One is a great venue for a Chicago wedding!! It’s a gorgeous and unique space and I cannot wait to go back! Here’s favorite photo, well one of many
The first time I met Allison and Sarah we got along so well I wished we could just be friends even if they didn’t hire me. Although I’m super happy that I got to photograph their incredibly FUN and LOVE filled wedding I hope we’ll always stay in touch and be friends. Love you guys and I hope you enjoy the photos
Venue- River’s Restaurant
- Venue- River’s Restaurant- We chose River’s because we wanted our wedding to highlight Chicago, with the option of holding everything outdoors. River’s delivered! We’ve been told by many people that the food was the best they’ve ever had at a wedding! Dancing the night away on a terrace overlooking the Chicago River was priceless.
- Month-of Coordinator- Midwestern Bride- Ashley Kuehnel- Ashley was there for us throughout the entire wedding planning process! She was always available for any questions, big or small. Ashley had some great ideas and suggestions along the way. It was such a relief to see her the morning of the wedding and know that she would assure everything went as planned!
- Dresses- Sarah’s was Casablanca. Allison’s was Sophia Tolli. We did not see each others dresses before the first-look!
- Shoes- TOMS (Allison- Crochet Teal, Sarah- Crochet Lavender)
- Flowers- Larkspur- Beth Barnett- Beth totally understood our vision. We gave her a lot of flexibility, in terms or colors and flower choices. Her arrangements were more than we could have asked for! She brought our vision to life!
- Photography- Angel Eyes Photography- The AMAZING Hilda Burke! What a joy to work with; we had so much fun, just the two of us, hitting up some scenic spots in the city with Hilda and Sue. Hilda is so talented and has an eye for capturing the moment and adding a beautifully artistic touch. We have absolutely loved the first glimpses we’ve seen from our wedding and can’t wait to see more!
- DJ & Lighting- A Posh Production- Matt Windsor- Matt kept his promise, the dance floor was packed all night! We also gave Matt full flexibility, we loved the song choices he played! The Italian string lighting gave us the elegant, “backyard” wedding-feel we wanted on the Chicago River!
- Cupcakes- Chicago Cupcake- Brendan Bolger- Absolutely delicious! We had 9 different flavors for guests to sample. The display was beautiful.
Favorite wedding memories, from both brides: We couldn’t choose just one!
- One of our favorite memories was the ceremony itself. We wanted our ceremony to be very personalized and reflect us, which it absolutely did, with the help of Rabbi Goldberg. We handpicked a meaningful adaptation of the 7 Blessings and had our siblings and close friends read them. We wrote our vows together and exchanged them in a “ping-pong” format, where we each read one line to the other. They were so meaningful to us and truly reflected our relationship!
- Our first dance, to Michael Franti’s “Life Is Better With You”, was perfect! We had a difficult time deciding between a few song favorites, but we loved the pace of this one. We had fun swinging each other around the dance floor to the upbeat tune!
- Dancing the night away on the dance floor with our family and friends. We are known to never leave the dance floor at weddings, and this was absolutely true at our own wedding!
Advice for couples getting married- Your wedding day is YOUR wedding! Make it your own! And enjoy every last minute of it. Eat the food, drink the drinks, and dance the night away. It goes by very quickly, so don’t forget to take a minute to look around and take it all in.”
Grand Geneva wedding reception, Lake Geneva, WI | St Peter Church ceremony, Antioch IL | Christine & Scott
Christine & Scott got married in a beautiful Church and had their reception in a gorgeous setting, but the most memorable moments from their wedding for me, is how fun they are together. I laughed at Scott’s silliness all day long, even at the Church…the only time I saw him quiet is when his Bride was walking down the isle. Let’s take a look, shall we?
St Peter Church Antioch IL
Flowers by Lilypots
Wedding reception was at the Grand Geneva.
I just don’t even know what to do with shy, quiet couples
Lighting-DJ-photo-booth by MDM Entertainment.
From the Bride…
Then our wedding day…. while I was waiting with Dad to walk down the isle…. I heard the organ and the beautiful music I’ve been hearing Mrs. Kellman play since I was a little girl. Then the doors were opened and I saw Scott standing at the end of that long isle. The joy I felt at that moment was the same joy I felt the first time I held my children when they were born. Even just thinking about it now, brings tears of joy to my eyes.
Reception was at: Grand Geneva in the Maple Ballroom7036 Grand Geneva Way, Lake Geneva, WI 53147
Cori Congemi with Grand Geneva was very helpful with getting everything set up. The food was good, but the chicken wasn’t made like they were supposed to make it. There was also a table that didn’t get their dinner till almost 9PM because supposedly Grand Geneva ran out of beef when they had the final count well before the wedding date. I also wasn’t happy when Grand Geneva tried to the table a cheaper meal. Sadly my meal was also done wrong. I had a special meal because I needed soft food and they didn’t even make it.
On the other hand, Grand Geneva is beautiful place for a wedding but on the expensive side.
DJ: MDM Entertainment. They were awesome of course!!! Just love them! Music and lighting were just awesome and everyone loved it!!!
Flowers were by: Lilypots Fresh Flowers and Gifts 605 W Main St, Lake Geneva, WI 53147
Scott and I were stressed out about trying to figure out the flower arrangements prior to the wedding. I had pictures of how I wanted the bouquets to look and ideas for colors but was not completely sure on center pieces. We sat down with them and they were very good on trying to give us ideas. I told them flowers I liked and colors with them actually bringing out flowers to show us. They even brought out different roses to make sure they matched the bridesmaid dresses. When it came to our wedding day, I did not have to worry about the flowers at all. Lilypots set up the isle runner and had the flowers set up at Grand Geneva. I have to say after the first meeting with Lilypots the stress was gone in regards flowers and the flowers were beautiful on our wedding day.
The Tuxes, Bridesmaids dresses, and gown were from: La Sposa Bridal 7507 41st Ave, Kenosha, WI 53142
The Bridesmaids dresses were made by D’Zage and my gown was a David Tutera. La Sposa Bridal was very good on helping out with picking out the dresses and very nice, but I would not recommend getting alterations there. The bridesmaids informed me their dresses were altered incorrectly a few times. I actually had the same problem as well and there was a few times I had to tell them I needed the same thing fixed (like the hem on the bottom of the dress was uneven).
The Flower Girl dresses were actually First Communion dresses I had purchased from Sears. I then altered the dresses, sewn and made the red ribbon for the dresses, and then sewed them onto the dresses. It was actually a lot cheaper than buying flower girl dresses plus the girls could use them for their First Communion. I also made the red bows for the ring bearer pillow and the flower girl baskets so they would go with the tuxes and bridesmaid dresses.
Rebekah and Josh crammed more fun and dancing into a brunch wedding than I have seen at 12 hour events. The whole day was non-stop. This wedding also had the cutest kids! Carol and I were pretty obsessed with baby Nathan. But my biggest obsession was with the Brides dress. It was so refreshingly different. Classy and beautiful just like Rebekah.
Accessories: The Left Bank
Groom’s Suit: Nordstrom
This dress was my favorite for this year, if not ever! So simple and elegant.
Flowers: Stemline Creative
All the cuties!!
Flowers: Stemline Creative
DJ: Toast and Jam
Of course we had to visit the butterfly exhibit.
Your favorite wedding memory? We worked on our first dance for months, which was so much fun to do together as a couple. Seeing the excitement on our guest’s faces when we unexpectedly busted out our dance to Pharrell’s “Happy” was incredible, and we’ll remember it forever.
Something you wish you would have done differently? I can’t say I would have done anything differently, but we took on a lot of projects, which took a lot of time and labor (thanks to my friends and family for helping!). Everything looked great and turned out exactly how we wanted it, but it was exhausting and at times very stressful.
Any additional thoughts you’d like to share? Hire Angel Eyes Photography :)’
This was one of the most amazing weddings I’ve ever photographed. Full blog post coming soon, I just had to share some previews. Acquaviva Winery is a beautiful and unique venue for anyone looking for something different.